Saturday, June 10

Bio die-o

As 1200 other students might have also exclaimed today One down! Two more to go!
 
I am so excited because I just have to study hard Sat/Sun/Mon, and by Tuesday, Chem will be over. I get to slack off till English on Friday and my dad is coming!

I cannot wait :)

This is a really random post in a poor attempt to revive my blog.

Anyway, I have a feeling Chem might be a killer paper, but hopefully my preparation for the paper will pay off. However, the fact that I'm still up at 1230am when I have a huge study day later on is not helping.

Anyway, Physics this year is seriously pretty slack and I love it! This is what it says:

The
midyear exam contribution towards the final mark in this paper is 18%.
We operate a system of plussage which means you get the opportunity to
improve your midyear exam mark by your performance in the final exam.
If your percentage score in the final exam is better than your
percentage score in the midyear exam, we replace your midyear exam
score with your final exam score when calculating the contribution of
the midyear exam to your total mark for the paper. Plussage allows you
to translate improvements in understanding over the whole course into a
better mark at the end of the course, and to learn from the experience
of sitting the midyear exam.

IMPORTANT. Plussage operates only to improve your overall
mark. This means that if your midyear exam score is better than your
final exam score, we use your midyear exam score to calculate the
midyear exam contribution towards your final overall mark.



This year plussage will operate whether or not you sit the midyear
exam. However, you should recognise that it is in your best interests
to sit the midyear exam.

YES!!!! On top of that, we are allowed to bring in one sheet of A4 paper with Anything written on it! This is not including the formulae sheet we are provided. I love the physics department, but 4 years running with this subject has not improved my (lack of) flair for physics.

The next time you hear from me, I will be one FREEEEE bird!




No comments: