Sunday, April 30

My month in a Night

ASEAN Night 2006

Months of meetings, weeks of headaches, days of sleepless nights and hours of blind panic all ended in one amazing night. Working with a group of extremely talented people, we managed to put together ASEAN Night with an audience of about 350 people.

I was very fortunate to get to host the event with someone really experienced (Darren), and combining all these months together with last night, I have learnt SO much. I've learnt how to work with people of different cultures, I've learnt how to lead as a friend, I've learnt that things can't always be precisely perfect like clockwork, but mostly importantly, I've learnt that if you leave everything to God, He won't fail you.

I shan't jabber on, but I would like to say thank you to everyone who I've had the wonderful opportunity to work with. We all had our hysterical moments, but in the end, everything glued perfectly together and the best part of all, I made lots of great friends.

It's so bittersweet now that it has ended, but because it ended with very successfully, I really have no regrets. I'm not sure if I would do it again, but I know that that night was a night on it's own.

Here's to talking nonsense on stage, hysteria, blind panic, sweaty palms, random shit, lots and lots of makeup and nice hair, bright lights, pretty clothes and most importantly friendship.



No comments: